These are the spells available to your mages. A character starts with most of the first three levels of spells automatically. The higher level spells must be found or bought.
PCs can cast spells on other PCs regardless of the distance between them. Hostile spells, on the other hand, can only affect monsters sufficiently nearby. The number in parenthesis after the name is the cost of the spell in spell points. When there is an R and a number, the second number is the range for the spell.
- Light: (C 1) Creates a weak light.
- Spark: (C 1, R 6) Fires a weak bolt of electricity at an enemy.
- Minor Haste: (C 1) Makes the selected PC move faster for a while. All haste spells take effect at the beginning of the next round.
- Strength: (C 1) Makes the selected PC more skilled for a short time. Works like the priest spell 'Bless.'
- Scare: (C 1, R 7) Decreases the morale of the victim. Casting this on a weak foe will make the foe flee. Even if the monster doesn't flee, later castings have a higher chance of success.
- Flame Cloud: (C 2, R 7) This spell fills the selected space with a short-lasting wall of fire.
- Identify: (C 50) This draining spell makes all of your parties unidentified items identified.
- Scry Monster: (C 2, R 14) When cast, you receive information about the monster you target: current health, spell points, etc. In addition, this monster will now appear on your Monster Info menu.
- Goo: (C 1, R 8) This spell covers the target with sticky goo, slowing it down and interferingwith its attacks.
- True Sight: (C 3) This spell lets you see everything in a short radius around you, even spaces blocked off by walls. It's useful for finding secret passages, for example.
- Minor Poison: (C 2, R 6) Poisons the target creature. This does a fair amount of damage, but it takes time to happen.
- Flame: (C 3, R 8) Fires a decent-sized bolt of flame at the target. The damage done increases with the level of the caster.
- Slow: (C 2, R 7) Makes the victim get half its usual number of actions for a while.
- Dumbfound: (C 2, R 10) Makes the victim incompetent: easier to hit, easier to damage, and less able to attack you.
- Envenom: (C 2) This spell puts poison on the weapon of the selected PC, with no chance of failure or accidental poisoning.
- Stinking Cloud: (C 2, R 8) When cast, a 3x3 area you select becomes filled with choking gasses. Anyone entering will be cursed. The gas will slowly fade on its own.
- Summon Beast: (C 4, R 3) This spell summons one low-level non-magical monster to fight on your side. It disappears after a short time.
- Conflagration: (C 4, R 8) This spell makes the air in a radius 2 circle burst into flames, charring anyone inside the cloud. After creation, the cloud will rapidly fade.
- Dispel Fields: (C 2, R 10) This spell erases magical fields in the target area. It does not work on magical barriers.
- Sleep Cloud: (C 6, R 6) This spell creates a small sleep field around the target space.
- Unlock: (C 3) Some doors are magically locked, and others are just hard to open. This spell will crack them. However, it isn't guaranteed to succeed, and won't work on all doors.
- Haste: (C 3) Makes the selected PC get twice the usual number of actions for a long time.
- Fireball: (C 5, R 12) Fires a powerful ball of flame, which affects
- the target space and every space adjacent. The damage done increases with the level of the caster.
- Long Light: (C 3) Like the first level light spell, but much more effective.
- Fear: (C 3, R 10) Like scare, but much more powerful.
- Wall of Force: (C 5, R 12) This powerful spell creates a line of force walls, which are like fire walls but more damaging and lasting. Hitting space while targeting this spell makes the wall rotate.
- Weak Summoning: (C 6, R 4) When cast, a group of monsters appears and attacks all enemies of the caster. The number of monsters depends on the level of the caster. After a time, they disappear.
- Flame Arrows: (C 4, R 10) This spell is like flame, but the caster gets to select several targets. The number of missiles increases with the level of the caster. If you don't want to use all the missiles, hit space to cast the spell.
- Web: (C 6, R 8) This spell covers a large circle with icky webs, slowing down everyone inside. The webs last until torn down.
- Resist Magic: (C 4) You can cast this spell on another PC to make him/her resistant to magical damage and effects. Note this does not help against damage from fire and cold.
- Poison: (C 4, R 8) This makes poison run thick in the veins of the target. Repeated castings will have a devastating effect.
- Ice Bolt: (C 5, R 12) Slams the target with a heavy, pointed bolt of ice. Effective against monsters who are resistant to fire. Damage increases as level of caster increases.
- Slow Group: (C 4, R 12) Makes all monsters within a 12 space radius move at half speed for a time.
- Magic Map: (C 8) This powerful spell gives you a vision of the entire level. Your map will show you the entire area. However, to cast this spell requires a sapphire.
- Capture Soul: (C 30, R 10) When you cast this on a monster, you attempt to store a "copy" of it in your mind, so you can later recreate it with the simulacrum spell. The stronger the monster, the lower the chance of success.
- Simulacrum: (C ?) This spell summons a monster you select from your mind, previously memorized with Capture Soul. The cost depends on the level of the monster being summoned.
- Venom Arrows: (C 8, R 8) This spell is similar to Flame Arrows, except that your targets become poisoned.
- Wall of Ice: (C 6, R 8) This spell is similar to Wall of Force, except that it creates an ice wall. Ice walls do as much damage as force walls, but last a lot longer.
- Stealth: (C 5) This powerful spell makes monsters less likely to see you for a time which depends on your level. Try casting it before walking through a room crowded with monsters.
- Major Haste: (C 8) Gives the entire party double the actions for a time depending on the level of the caster.
- Fire Storm: (C 8, R 14) This spell is like fireball, but does more damage, and affects all creatures within two spaces of the space you target. Be careful not to fry your party!
- Dispel Barrier: (C 6) In some towns, you will find magical barriers blocking you from certain areas. This spell will remove them. The chance of success starts low, but improves with the caster's level. Some barriers are harder to dispel than others, some cannot be dispelled, and it is rumored some barriers can be walked through.
- Fire Barrier: (C 9, R 2) This spell creates a single fire barrier at the target space. Fire barriers are damaging and permanent.
- Summoning: (C 10, R 4) This spell is like Minor Summoning, but summons more powerful monsters.
- Shockstorm: (C 6, R 10) This spell creates a large sphere of force walls.
- Spray Fields: (C 6, R 12) This spell creates a large number of small fields of a random sort, each of which may be individually targeted. The number of fields increases with the level of the caster.
- Major Poison: (C 7, R 8) This spell makes the targeted monster very poisoned. This spell does a lot of damage, but it takes time to take effect.
- Group Fear: (C 6, R 12) When cast, the caster begins to radiate a horrible aura of fear. All monsters within 12 spaces lose a lot of morale. This spell gains effectiveness rapidly with the level of the caster.
- Kill: (C 8, R 6) The deadly Kill spell deals a devastating blow to one target you select.
- Paralyze: (C 7, R 8) This spell has a chance of paralyzing the target. Paralysis lasts for a very long time.
- Daemon: (C 12, R 5) This dangerous spell summons a beast from the netherworld to fight at your side.
- Antimagic Cloud: (C 10, R 8) This spell creates a spherical field, from which no spells may be cast and in which no spells may be targeted. After creation, it slowly fades.
- Mindduel: (C 12, R 40) When cast on a magic using enemy, the two creatures get in a mental battle, absorbing spell points from each other. The loser may end up dumbfounded or killed. Requires a Smoky Crystal to cast.
- Flight: (C 20) When cast outdoors, the party can fly for a short time.
- Shockwave: (C 12) A dangerous spell. It sends a wave of force out from the caster, damaging everyonenearby--monsters and PCs. The farther someone is from the caster, the more damage is taken, out to a radius of 10. Don't cast this spell in towns - they might get angry.
- Major Blessing: (C 8) When cast, the entire party is blessed and hasted, and has their weapons mildly poisoned.
- Mass Paralysis: (C 20, R 8) This spell has a chance of paralyzing any foes within 8 spaces of the caster. Very dangerous.
- Protection: (C 10) One of the most powerful spells in the mage's repertoire. It makes the whole party temporarily magic resistant, and makes one PC you select immune to ALL damage for a short time.
- Major Summoning: (C 14, R 4) This spell works like Summoning, but brings forth much more powerful creatures.
- Force Barrier: (C 10, R 2) This spell creates an impenetrable, permanent barrier. Be careful not to trap yourself.
- Quickfire: (C 50, R 4) Devastating beyond words, this spell creates a space of quickfire, which will sweep over the area killing everyone and everything.
- Death Arrows: (C 10, R 6) This spell is like the previous Arrow spells, but strikes each target with a kill spell. The number of arrows increases with the level of the caster.